Day 1 Welcome to Kuusamo
A member of our team will meet you at Kuusamo Airport with the sign "Norwide". Transfer by minibus to the village of Hossa (about 1 hour ride). You will get the key of your accommodation (room or cottage, depending on your reservation) at the hostel.
For this first evening, our team will meet you for dinner.
Accomodation : traditionnal cottage
Days 2 to 6 Departure of the ski expedition (6 days of skiing)
Today, distribution, verification and initiation of the equipment. Later, a car transfer to Juntusranta, departure will be in the early afternoon for our ski raid.
Let's go for a 6 days of Nordic skiing expedition through the taiga. First night in the tent near the Russian border. Sleeping in tents allows us to be closer to the Finnish wilderness and to enjoy the most of the aurora borealis especially in the heart of winter.
Average distance: 15 km
Accommodation: Bivouac under tent
Day 7 Crossing the lakes
Here we are already on the way back after an expedition full of adventures and discoveries! This morning we put our skis on one last time to cross the lakes back to the base camp.
Average distance: 15 km
Accommodation: Traditional chalet
Day 8 Return flight
Transfer to Kuusamo airport. The end of a beautiful week rich in emotions and memories.
Dates & prices
Departures for French-speaking groups:
No departure for now
No departure for now
Trip code: R8
- Reception and airport transfers Kuusamo / Hossa (Saturday)
- Accommodation: 2 nights at the inn, 4 nights in a tent and 1 night in a trapper's cabin
- Full board, from dinner in day 1 to brunch in day 8
- Supervision by French and English-speaking guides specializing in the polar environment
- The loan of cold equipment including full wetsuit (for snowmobile days), cold boots (for the week), a cold jacket and over-mittens (for sleigh days). Deposit to be paid on the spot.
- Round trip flights to Kuusamo
- Any other welcome and transfer A / R other than Kuusamo airport
- The visit to the reindeer farm 10 €
- Your cancellation / repatriation insurance: we do not offer insurance against cancellation and / or repatriation. We strongly advise you to take out this type of insurance and bring your documents with you during the trip.
Single room supplement at the hostel: 220 euros / person (subject to availability depending on the season)TO PAY ON SITE
- Personal expenses
- The drinks
- The snowmobile insurance deductible: 1500 euros / snowmobile / person (deposit per imprint of your credit card)
- On site rental of equipment cold (if you want to keep the equipment lent during the days of activities all week) Deposit for the equipment by footprint of your credit card: 50 euros for the boots, 50 euros for the suit, 50 euros for the cold jacket.The order of the activities is given as an indication in the day by day: the effective order of the practice of the different activities will be announced to you on the day 1. This itinerary will be modified according to the meteorological conditions. Your guide will be decision maker of these conditions.Possibility of aurora borealis all winter depending on weather conditions.
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation received more than 30 days prior to the departure date: a sum of €50 per person will be retained
- Cancellation received 30 to 21 days before the departure date: your deposit, 30% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 20 to 14 days before the departure date: 50% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 13 to 7 days before the departure date: 75% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received less than 7 days before the departure date: 100% of the total trip price will be retained
- Fixed airfares: if your airline ticket was issued in advance, often done to avoid significant surcharges, you will be charged 100% of any non-refundable fees if you wish to change or cancel your flight plan.
- Fixed in-country costs: early charges for firm bookings will be charged if you cancel or modify your trip.
- Insurance costs: if you have taken out comprehensive or cancellation insurance, the cost of insurance is due and cannot be refunded.
Modification du contrat
Prix et révision des prix
Cession du contrat
- at lunchtime we will most often have a picnic in the form of grilling on the campfire.
- on the evening: meal at the hostel
- Base Camp: The accommodation is in a traditional chalet. They are composed of the following elements: two single beds, a sofa bed, a kitchenette as well as a bathroom and a private sauna. Sheets and blankets are provided as well as bath towels (we advise you to bring a second set of towels for the sauna).
- Trapper huts: These are refuge type log cabins in France. The comfort is basic. Consisting of a single dormitory or a room of 4 to 6 people with a main room. There is no running water or electricity. The heating is done by a wood stove. We arrive quickly despite the negative outside temperature to be warm inside. There are dry toilets outside. The cabins are almost all equipped with a traditional sauna. That's what makes all the charm we love!
- Tent mess: for nights in tents you will be under a tepee tent heated by a wood stove for 8 people.
- For the whole week: cold boots (Sorel type), cold jacket, over-mittens, balaclava and waterproof bag
- High protection sunglasses
- A ski mask
- A personal pharmacy kit
- A tube of sunscreen (useful from February when the sun starts to heat up)
- Vaseline or moisturizer without water to avoid freezing
- A headlamp
- A thermos to have access to your hot drink. During lunch, the guide will provide you with hot drinks.
- Driver's license for snowmobile
- Credit card for equipment deposit
- Base layer (on the skin) Underwear full warm (tights and long sleeve top).
- The middle layer A warm sweater or thick polar fur.
- The outer layer cuts you wind and snow. We recommend a GoreTex jacket or warm ski jacket.List of recommended clothing:
- Waterproof shoes or winter hiking shoes or after ski
- Slipper or small basketball at the hostel
- Pairs of woolen socks
- A warm jacket (warm ski jacket or down jacket)
- Ski pants or combination
- Warm sweaters or polar furs
- Underwear high and low. This is the first insulation you will have, heal it. Fine technical fibers, such as Carline or Polartec are very effective, warm, flexible, comfortable and lightweight. They dry very quickly
- A pair of waterproof gloves
- A pair of undergloves wool cap Neck warmer or balaclava Scarf
- A swimsuit (sauna)
- A towel (sauna)List of essential personal belongings:
- Driving license for snowmobiling
- Your credit card for the equipment deposit (an impression will be taken). The deposit is 50 euros per item provided and 1500 euros per snowmobile
- a travel bag or suitcase (maximum 20kg in hold)
- a backpack (25/30 L capacity) for your day's belongings
- Valid identity document of the minor: identity card or passport + possible visa according to the requirements of the country of destination (to be verified by consulting the country sheets of the diplomatie.gouv.fr site)
- Photocopy of the valid identity document of the signatory parent: identity card or passport
- Exit authorization form signed by one of the parents with parental authority. For further information: https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F1359
- Be prepared
- Stick to trails and camp overnight right
- Stash your trash and pick up waste
- Leave it as you find itBe careful with fire
- Respect wildlife
- Be considerate of other visitorsOver the years we have built up good relations with our local suppliers and we are keen to support local businesses as much as possible. We are a small company and we pay our local partners and suppliers directly insuring fair rates. Our small group sizes not only provide a more intimate adventure but also cause less impact on the environment and local communities.We expect all who travel with us to support and uphold our Sustainable Tourism philosophies.