Why travel with us?
1. Our basecamp is located in Finland
We live in Finland, a country we know and love both in summer and winter. By contacting us, you are guaranteed to be in direct contact with a local company. We can advise you better by giving you the right information.
2. Nature and active trips: that is our credo. Quality but not luxury.
• Trips accessible to anyone : from family with young children above 8 years old to adults
• No mass tourism !
• We organise activities in small groups of maximum 12 participants and a maximum of 5 participants for huskies activities
• You are the main actor of your trip. Our tour leaders teach you to drive your own dog sled, andto make a fire by -20° C. You take part in the group's life.
• We choose accommodation in harmony with nature: hostels, huts, trapper's cabin, wooden chalet, tent. No luxury but authenticity. It is sometimes rustic but we love it and we think you will like it as well.
Trips designed to be experienced !
3. A professional tour leaders team
Our guides are true experts of polar environment. As qualified professionals, they follow each year additional training in polar environments. There have many experiences as tour leaders in the Great North: Finland, Norway, Iceland, Greenland, Spitsbergen ...
4. Loaned equipment on site
When activities require, Norwide offers adapted equipment: jackets and cold weather boots, mittens, sleeping bag ...
Climate and isolation can make the wilderness hostile. Practicing outdoor activities in the Great north can not be improvised and may be risky. Safety is at the heart of our concerns. For us security is:
• tailored programs for different levels
• security protocols
• a professional team
• technical equipment at your disposal.