Day 1 Journey and welcoming dinner
Transfer by bus or by car to Hossa (about 1 hour), at the gates of the park. Settling in your log cottage or in your hotel room. First night, our guides greet you at the restaurant upon a welcoming dinner.
Day 2 Day at leisure in Hossa
You will be free to explore the National parc of Hossa. Activities with or without a guide
- Rental activities: canoeing, nordic hiking, hiking, mountain bikes, rental of boat with or without an electric motor
- Guiding activities: canoeing, hiking, cani rando, bear watching, mountain biking.
Day 3 Day at leisure in Hossa
In the National parc of Hossa you will find a riche and preserved nature but also many hiking trail! What is better than hiking to discover this beautiful place?
Day 4 Day at leisure in Hossa
Finland is known as the country of thousands lakes, Hossa is not an exception so go sealing!
Day 5 Day at leisure in Hossa
Why not ride to the russian border today? With mountain bike, ride for a day through the finnish Taïga and why not have lunch in one of the many fireplace located in the park.
Day 6 Day at leisure in Hossa
Today, why not visiting our kennel with its 160 ihnabitants? They can't wait to see you already!
Day 7 Day at leisure in Hossa
Hossa park is well know for its good fishing area, take your chance and go fishing in one of the numerous lake of the park. Trouts, and pikes are very commons on this lattitude.
Day 8 Transfer
Breakfast and transfer to Kuusamo airport.
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
- Transfers from/to Kuusamo airport
- 6 nights a cottage
- Full board (from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on day 8)
- Flights to get to Kuusamo
- Extra transfers for arrival in another aiport
- Children discount (contact us)
- Your cancellation / repatriation insurance: we do not offer insurance against cancellation and / or repatriation. We strongly advise you to subscribe to this kind of insurance and bring your documents with you while traveling.
- Possibility to rent a car at the Kuusamo airport for 7 days (price: contact us)
TO PAY ON SPOT
- Personal expenses
- For lunch, you will enjoy a picnic with wood-fire grilled food
- For your nights in trapper cabin you will prepare and share a dinner together with your guide
- The « Classical » cottage, with an only room with living room/kitchen, twin or bunked beds, private bathroom and sauna
- The « Premium » cottage, with a separated room with double bed, living room, kitchen, private bathroom and sauna
- High protection sun glasses
- A kit of personal pharmacy
- A headlamp with spare batteries and bulbs (from August)
- A knife
- Toilet paper + lighter
- Sunscreen (face and lips)
- A flask of 1 liter minimum, light and isothermal
- Plastic bags for sealing the your belongings or a waterproof bag
- A sleeping bag linr for each overnight in tents
- Anti mosquitos spray and soothing cream
- A Notepad
- A camera
- Anti mosquitos net.
- Waterproof bags for sealing
- Mattress, tent and sleeping bag during safaries activities
- A pair of walking shoes. They must join three qualities: solidity, held ankles and impermeability. Choose shoes with nonskid soles, with cleats and relatively rigid, although they must cling to field
- A pair of rubber boots or neoprene booties to cross rivers
- Pairs of wool socks
- Mountain jacket or a good waterproof jacket
- A down jacket (optional) The most efficient jackets against the wind and rain are Gore-tex or Micropore,"breathable" matter which allows fast wicking away of respiration
- Warm sweater or polar fleece. The latter has the advantage of being resistant, warm, lightweight, quick-drying with a soft touch. Most appropriate, well known to mountaineers are Polartec, Carline and Ulfrotté fibers.
- Warm wool shirt or carline
- Underwear top and bottom. This is the first insulation you have, take care of it. Fine technical fibers such as Carline or Polartec are very efficient, warm, soft, comfortable and light. They dry very quickly.
- Waterproof trek pants
- A swimsuit
- A hat or cap
- A hike short
- T-shirts: avoid cotton and favor breathable and technical matters which dries quickly.
- Under sweater
- Polar fleece
- A towel for sauna
- Outerwear at night
- A pair of gloves or glove liners and wool cap
- Slippers or sneakers for the cottage